Take part in the joint declaration of a European healthcare cluster
Problems combating the current pandemic highlight the importance of closely sharing digital information between public health services in Europe. This topic will be looked at in the second half of 2020 under the German presidency of the EU with the aim of laying a course for the exchange of healthcare data within Europe. ScanBalt, the Baltic Sea network of which Steinbeis is also a member, is currently looking into this topic further and is calling for innovative stakeholders in the public health sector to participate in a joint declaration.
ScanBalt and other European cluster organizations can currently participate in the formulation of a shared statement on the steps that will be necessary to set up a European healthcare data system. This will allow organizations to leverage the experience of their members, such as universities, hospitals, research institutions, pharmaceutical firms, medical technology companies, and startups.
If you’re a member of a European cluster, you have until May 29, 2020 to add your own examples of best practice to the declaration, as well as suggestions in the following areas:
- Research (exchange of patient ideas in cross-border research projects, such as for diagnostic purposes, infectiology, or pharmacology)
- Patient care (cross-border coordination of capacities)
- Use cases for digital solutions (such as early warning systems for new waves of infection or the surveillance of social distancing measures)
- Suggestions for rapid approval of digital solutions
Ways in which clusters can benefit from participation:
- Visibility as relevant stakeholders in the current COVID-19 crisis
- Potential access to EU project funding
- Networking with European clusters on the topic of uniform data systems
Technology Management North East, the Steinbeis Research Center representing Steinbeis as part of the ScanBalt initiative, is supporting the introduction of an EU Baltic Sea strategy in the healthcare sector.
For more information, go to www.scanbalt.org.
Frank Graage (author)
Steinbeis Research Center Technology Management North East (Rostock)